Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Disneyland

We spent three days in Disneyland last week. Joseph was a travel trooper and is cut out for marathon driving. I think he liked watching movies in the back with his daddy. No one in my car volunteered to drive so I drove all 1800 miles of the trip.

Disneyland is a fun place for people of all ages. I even got my grandma to ride Space Mountain. Getting her on that roller coaster with me and my mom was the highlight of my day. Rachel told Grandma to close her eyes if she got scared, but when she got off she said that closing her eyes did not help. The funny part of the ride was that when the automatic cameras flashed my mom and I had big goofy grins and my grandma had her eyes scrunched up and her lips pursed. I'll have to post the picture.

Joseph liked all the water in the park and got annoyed that we couldn't get in the fountains. He didn't care about any of the characters except Sully from Monster's Inc. who he insisted was a kitty.

Kevin and Shane were not interested in having their picture taken with any characters. After much prodding, they finally relented and said they would have their picture taken with someone. I can't see why they were embarrased to have their picure taken with Chip and Dale.



Toward the end of the visit we rode several little kid rides. Joseph thought they were fabulous. The adults did their best to act like they were having a great time on the kid rides.

My dad flying in an applesauce box.

Grandma and Grandma Great buckling in Joseph for his flight.
Kevin and Rachel on the little lady bugs.

Joseph and Grandma in the ladybugs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog! Alan knew.. but never told me! how fun. Hopefully we can actually get together sometime and play games.